Join AquaMermaid Team
Become a Mermaid Performer
Do you love kids parties? Do you find yourself dreaming of being a beautiful magic creature? You wonder how to become a mermaid? If so, working as a mermaid or merman entertainer may be the part-time, on-call, job for you! Our mermaid team swim in pools and mermaid fish tanks for event. Aquarium jobs are less common, but available on occasion.
Schedule: Most “events” are on weekends and major holidays.
Location: We are scouting for people who physically live in the continental USA and Canada.
Be age 18+ and authorized to work in the USA or Canada.
Enjoy working with young children ages 2-7 and their families.
- Be a good swimmer and be comfortable swimming in a mermaid tail.
Have your own mermaid tail (Fabric, sequin or silicone material are all accepted)
Have great improvisational speaking skills to entertain little kids.
Never have been convicted of a violent crime or crime against children.
Be readily accessible via email and phone.
Mermaid Swimming Instructor
Looking for a fun, fulfilling, and challenging opportunity? Join our team! Aquamermaid school is currently hiring certified swimming instructors to join our fun, professional team!
About the Company At Aquamermaid, aspiring merpeople of all genders and swimming levels, 7 years of age and older, trade in their legs for a mermaid tail, wiggle into a colorful lycra tail and jump right in! Fun, sporty and safe, Aquamermaid classes make for original and memorable birthday parties, bachelorettes, family outings, office excursions and more.
Job description :
Hours: Part-time, on-call, job
Schedule: Most lessons occur on weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and teach swimming classes for a variety of ages and levels (kids & adults)
- Prepare lesson plans, instruct and evaluate students
- Actively interact with parents and students
- Enforce safety regulations as required due to the nature of the activity
- Lead mermaid swimming birthday parties
- Outgoing and motivated
- Enjoys working with children and adults of all ages while creating a safe, educational and fun environment.
- Enjoys being part of a team atmosphere
- Certified Swim or AquaFitness Instructor, Synchro coach, or related aquatic teaching experience
Bronze Cross, National Lifeguard, swim team, synchro an asset
Own mermaid tail or have experience in the mermaid community an asset
Standard First Aid
DIGITAL MARKETING INTERNSHIP (seasonal)
Create content for the AquaMermaid marketing channel:
- Write search-optimized content for AquaMermaid website blog and other digital assets to improve visibility and organic search ranking
- Create content for various programs including: email marketing, social marketing, online advertising, print advertising, and public relations
- Grow and manage relationships with influential bloggers, journalists, and media contacts to secure interviews and article placements.
- Develop content that effectively conveys a product's intrinsic values and benefits to end-users and purchase influencers
- Gain a deep understanding of the products, services, target audience, and competitors in the market
- Co-write and develop storyboard concepts and content for a product or corporate videos
- Assist in the production, editing, and uploading of content for the AquaMermaid YouTube channel (includes research, transcription, script writing, fact-checking, isolating video and audio clips, collecting b-roll, interviewing, recording a voiceover, etc.)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Field of study: Journalism, Marketing or Video production required
- Exceptional writing skills are a must, as well as an instinct to tell stories creatively and differently. A track record of driving online traffic with exclusive stories is a plus.
- Experience using social media platforms (YouTube, Instagram, Facebook) for corporate marketing
- Running your own successful blog or youtube channel is a plus
- Experience editing video is a plus
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative
To apply for this position, please email a copy of your resume at email@example.com