*Scroll down for our mermaid swimming lessons and mermaid tail products policies.
A) MERMAID PERFORMERS
By booking with us you are agreeing to everything listed below.
By paying the invoice, client confirms the booking and agrees to the following terms & conditions.
- Fully refundable up to 7 days before the event.
- No refunds for cancellations within 7 days. * Clients can reschedule within a year, once free of charge, with a 7-day notice. With less than 7 days notice there is rescheduling fee of $100.
- Full payment in advance for timely processing.
- Tipping performers for a job well done is encouraged.
2. Inclement Weather Policy: In the event of rain or unfavorable weather conditions, Aquamermaid is committed to ensuring your mermaid party remains a memorable experience. We offer the flexibility to move the festivities indoors, where our performer will lead engaging games, meet-and-greet with guests, and pose for photos on dry land. Our priority is to adapt to changing conditions while preserving the magic of your event.
9. Mermaid Arrival: The mermaid has two arrival options for added magic. She can either walk to the pool deck once the kids are safely inside, or, if preferred, it is the responsibility of the client to provide a strong helper who can carry her in her mesmerizing mermaid tail costume directly to the pool.
4. Performer: Performer requests based on availability; a specific performer is never guaranteed.
5. Additional Children:
- Recommend 5-10 children per performer.
- Hire a second performer for larger groups.
6. Additional Time: Client understands that a timely departure is necessary in order for the performer to safely commute to his or her next event.
7. Changes to Party Length: Changes in party length by request of the Client will be accommodated at the discretion of the booking team and are based on availability.
- Discuss additional time with the performer.
- Additional time at $125 per 30 minutes. (you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to add additional time and we will send your balance invoice)
8. Changes to Party Start Time: Changes in party start time by request of the Client will be accommodated at the discretion of the booking team and are based on availability. Any changes must be made within 48 hours of the party date. Client agrees not to hold Aquamermaid responsible for inclement weather or other Acts of God that may cause delayed start time to the event.
16. Safety Notice: Ensuring the safety of all participants is our top priority. Please be aware of the following safety guidelines:
Lifeguard Role: The mermaid performer, while enchanting and entertaining, cannot act as a lifeguard during the performance.
Adult Supervision: Parental supervision is mandatory at all times during the mermaid's performance. Parents are responsible for overseeing their children and ensuring their safety. The Client is responsible for monitoring disruptive behavior and attending to any child who does not want to participate. CHILDREN SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO CLIMB OR HANG FROM THE MERMAID AT ANY TIME.
Lifejackets or Floaters: For parties involving young children, we strongly recommend providing lifejackets or floaters as an additional safety measure.
The Performer is responsible for the flow of the event and activities. Our performers are trained to keep the safety of your guests in mind at all times. If there is ever a situation where the performer(s), they will address the issue with the parent/guardian/Client. If the issue is not resolved, the performer will leave. We hold the right to leave at any time due to safety concerns.10. Photo Release: By participating in Aquamermaid events, you agree to the following photo release terms:
- Training or Marketing Photos: Aquamermaid may capture photos during events for training or marketing purposes.
- Promotional Use: Photos publicly posted by Aquamermaid on official platforms are released for promotional use. This allows us to showcase the magic of our events and spread the joy of underwater adventures.
11. Damage: We understand that accidents happen, however, the Client may be held responsible for any damage deemed EXCESSIVE to costumes and property of Aquamermaid during Client’s event. The cost to replace/repair damaged/broken costumes or materials will be billed to the Client.
14. Activities: Aquamermaid purposefully plans plenty of activities and games so that the performer never runs out of things to do with the children. If the Client has a request for the activity order preference they should make this known at least 48 hours before the party. If no preference is given, it is up to the discretion of the Performer to decide the activity order. All performers are trained to read the room and lead activities in the order they feel best suits the needs of their guests. The performer will do their best to complete all activities, however, if unforeseen circumstances do not allow all activities to be completed they may stay up to 5-minutes past the party end time to complete the activities at no additional cost.
15. Liability: The Client agrees to hold and keep harmless Aquamermaid and its performers from any and all property damages and/or bodily injury damage caused by the Client or any/all guests. In any water activity, parents, children, and performers all choose to swim at their own risk. Aquamermaid, its performers, and its executives may not be held responsible for any medical incident.
By agreeing to hire Aquamermaid INC., you agree and understand that there are inherent dangers when swimming, and also when swimming with a mermaid. While lifeguards, other adults, mermaids, and mermaid assistants all work together to ensure the safety of your children/guests, when it comes to Aquamermaid INC., you understand that mermaid participation is at your own risk, and you accept all responsibility. WE CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SAFETY OR WELL-BEING OF ANY GUESTS OR CHILDREN AT YOUR EVENT. You agree to not bring any charges or claims against Aquamermaid INC., or any of their performers.
17. Managers: If your party has a manager present the Manager’s role is to assist the character and NOT to control children/guests.
18. Your Event: Party details can always be found on your invoice and will be sent in an email confirmation.
19. Breach: Any breach in this contract automatically constitutes a cancellation in your party/event and any and all payments made to Aquamermaid will be forfeited by the client.
10. Proof of insurance : If your facility requires a proof of insurance with their name added to our policy as an additional insured. It may take up to 1 month to be added by our insurer. Please let us know as soon as possible. We need the full name of the facility and their address.
11. The pool temperature should ideally be at 90°F/ 32°C the warmer the better. Or at a minimum or 80°F/ 27°C for the mermaid to be able to perform properly and safely. If the pool is at a lower temperature the mermaid may not be able to go in the pool and will sit on the pool deck for photos instead.
12. Mermaid Tail Costumes for the kids: Please note that mermaid tail costumes are not provided for the kids to wear during the event. If you wish to enhance the magical experience by providing your own mermaid tails for the kids, ensure that each costume includes a monofin to make them swimmable. Inform us in advance if the kids will be wearing mermaid tails. We can incorporate mermaid tail swimming lessons during our activities, or use them as enchanting photo props to capture the underwater magic.
13. Travel fee: will be added if the location of the event is more than 20 miles from the performer. The travel fee invoice will be sent separately following verification of the location of the venue.
14. Giant Clam Seat: We do not provide a giant seashell float for mermaids to sit on but you can purchase one here.
Thank you for your cooperation!
B) MERMAID SWIMMING LESSONS
Private lessons, parties or group class: You may cancel your reservation up to 7 days prior to class with a full refund. Any cancellation after 7 days will result in no refund or a $100 fee to reschedule.
In case of any logistic problem, AquaMermaid reserves the right to cancel one or many classes. In such event, AquaMermaid will attempt to contact you as soon as possible to inform you of the situation and establish the time and place of the next classes.
C) FABRIC MERMAID TAIL
Monofins warranty: are covered under limited warranty to be free of manufacturing defects for a 1 year period following the date of purchase.
Mermaid tail swimsuits warranty: are not covered by AquaMermaid’s warranty. Like any swimsuit material, it will show signs of wear & tear over time.
*If you have a defect on you tail or fin, please send us an email at email@example.com including a photo of the defect and your purchase receipt.
TAIL SWIMSUIT return and exchange : Once your tail arrives, you have seven days to inspect your tail for fit or manufacturer flaws. After seven days, tails are non-returnable. Tails must be returned unused. Tails returned suspected of use will only be refunded at 50% of purchase price.
ALL OTHER ITEMS return and exchange: monofins and t-shirts can be returned or exchanged within 7 days from purchase. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
Additional non-returnable items: Gift cards, Mermaid bra, wetsuits, silicone mermaid tails and sequins mermaid tails.
Refunds (if applicable): To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment within two business days.
Exchanges (if applicable): We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and send your item.
Shipping: To return your product, ship your return to: Aquamermaid 4749 Resther, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2J2V4
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $150, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We cannot guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
D) SILICONE MERMAID TAIL
Custom Products are non-returnable, non-refundable. Because of the custom nature of these product, this is a firm policy and exceptions will not be made. (this includes silicone, sequin mermaid tails and shell bra)